Splunk Search

Filtering the results in Dashboard from InputLookup Depend Upon Time

cchange
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm trying to filter the results of the lookup depend upon the time selection from the dashboard. I have date field in the lookup. Below is the sample of the lookup.

ReportedAt Id status
2020-04-09 5:00:00 567 Pass

I'm trying with below logics but it is not working.

|inputlookup file.csv
|eval timeep = strptime('ReportedAt', "%Y-%m-%d %H:%S")
| addinfo
| where timeep > info_max_time and timeep < info_min_time

====
inputlookup file.csv | where Reportedat > $t1.earliest$ and Reportedat < $t1.latest$

Can you please let me know is there a way to display the results depend upon time selection in the dashboard.

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The first method should work, except the strptime format string is incorrect. Try |eval timeep = strptime('ReportedAt', "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S").
The second method won't work because Splunk can't compare dates in string format.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The first method should work, except the strptime format string is incorrect. Try |eval timeep = strptime('ReportedAt', "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S").
The second method won't work because Splunk can't compare dates in string format.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

cchange
Path Finder

Thanks Rich, I overlooked the syntax. Problem is with my where clause. I used logic wrongly and it is not matching filter condition. After correcting my logic, results started to display correctly for first method.

Thanks for your help once again.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...