Splunk Search

Field extraction - limited interesting and selected fields

ezparra05
Engager

Hi,

Are there apps to help with the extraction of sourcetype = linux_syslog. I have hosts(solaris,rhel,etc) sending logs over udp on discrete ports and the limited fields and selected fields are really limited. Yes, I know it is not recommended to send syslog directly to splunk but this is will have to do until we can purchase hardware and setup a syslog server. Also, I am not able to install UF on these hosts either.

Any help is much appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ezparra05
Engager

The  "Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux" does not solve my issue and I can not install the UF on these hosts.

0 Karma

gcusello
Legend

Hi @ezparra05,

did you tried with the "Splunk Add-On for Unix and Linux (https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/833/)?

Anyway, see if you can use a Universal Forwarder is definitely very better than syslogs!

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

ezparra05
Engager

Hi @gcusello ,

Yes, I already do have the "Splunk Add-on for Unix and Linux" installed.  Thank you!

0 Karma

gcusello
Legend

Hi @ezparra05,

good for you,

if this answer solves your need, please, accept it for the other people of Community, otherwise, please tell me how can I help you.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Ready, Set, SOAR: How Utility Apps Can Up Level Your Playbooks!

WATCH NOW Powering your capabilities has never been so easy with ready-made Splunk® SOAR Utility Apps. Parse ...

DevSecOps: Why You Should Care and How To Get Started

WATCH NOW In this Tech Talk we will talk about what people mean by DevSecOps and deep dive into the different ...

Introducing Ingest Actions: Filter, Mask, Route, Repeat

WATCH NOW Ingest Actions (IA) is the best new way to easily filter, mask and route your data in Splunk® ...