Extract Field

gajananh999
Contributor

Dear All,

I have oracle error data i need to extract some fields from it here is the data

[EntID: ] 17-Jun-2014, 07:55:39:586, [10], UserId: , Exception DetailsMessage
ORA-1034: ORACLE not available
Stack Trace

[EnterpiseID: ] 17-Jun-2014, 07:55:25:373, [11], UserId: , Exception DetailsMessage
ORA-28000: the account is locked
Stack Trace

Here i neeed to extract ORA-1034: ORACLE not available and ORA-28000: the account is locked but i am not able to get the proper regex for this.

Thanks

Gajanan

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
Legend

Hi gajananh999,

try something like this:

your base search to get the events | rex field=_raw "(?<myOra>ORA-.+)" | table myOra

if this works for you, you can set it up as automated field extraction in Splunk UI.
Be aware that for the automated field extraction the regex must be used in a different way, so something like this should work:

(?P<myOra>ORA-.+)

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
Legend

Hi gajananh999,

try something like this:

your base search to get the events | rex field=_raw "(?<myOra>ORA-.+)" | table myOra

if this works for you, you can set it up as automated field extraction in Splunk UI.
Be aware that for the automated field extraction the regex must be used in a different way, so something like this should work:

(?P<myOra>ORA-.+)

cheers, MuS

MuS
Legend

try this:

(?P<FIELDNAME>ORA-.+)

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

I don't have a Splunk UI handy, but in the field extraction UI you can edit the regex. simply paste ORA-.+ in there and you should be fine.

0 Karma

gajananh999
Contributor

Hello Mus

Sorry I am not getting (?i)(?P\w+-\d+:\s+\w+\s+\w+\s+\w+) this gives me
ORA-1034: ORACLE not available
ORA-28000: the account is
this result which is giving wrong result and (?ORA-.+) its say invalid regex: syntax error Please guide me once again

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

see my update and feel free to accept the answer now 😉

0 Karma

gajananh999
Contributor

Thanks for reply This is working perfectly fine when we do using search but when trying to do using field extractor with this regex \s(?ORA-.+) its say invalid regex: syntax error

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...