Splunk Search

Event log cannot be fully displayed in Field Extractor

LuiesCui
Communicator

Hey fellow Splunker's. I'm trying to extract some fields from Windows event logs. When I search these logs the content looks great: alt text

But when I want to extract more fields, some of the content just disappear in Field Extractor:
alt text
So I can't get those fields extracted. Any suggestions? Thanks in advanced!

Tags (2)
0 Karma

damann
Communicator

The built in field extractor could work but why don't you build your regex from scratch?
www.regex101.com will help and explain you a lot!

If you provide an example event and describe what you want to have extracted I'm sure that i can help you with that.

0 Karma

skalliger
Motivator

Did you try setting CHARSET = UTF-16 in your props.conf?

Skalli

0 Karma

LuiesCui
Communicator

Hi Skalli, thanks for you reply. I put CHARSET = UTF-16 to the props.conf in my app and still don't see the rest of the content.

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

I believe the splunk's extractor only loads certain number of chars/events.. Have you loaded your event to rex101 [ https://regex101.com/] and tried to extract your required fields?

Another option, would be to setup the universal forwarder to collect the data in XML renderXml=true [ if that's acceptable in your case, as it will show everything in english]

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...