Splunk Search

Error in 'search' command: Unable to parse the search: Right hand side of IN must be a collection of literals?

buttsurfer
Path Finder

index=index1 type=1 feature IN ([search index=index1 type=type2 application=weather_app
    | dedup feature
    | fields feature
    | format
    ])

The above code returns this error and i cant seem to figure out how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated

Error in 'search' command: Unable to parse the search: Right hand side of IN must be a collection of literals. '((feature = "feature1") OR (feature = "feature2") OR (feature = "feature3") OR (feature = "feature4") is not a literal.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

buttsurfer
Path Finder

Fixed it by adding 

| dedup feature
          | fields feature
          | format "" "" "" "" "," ""
          | eval search=replace (search, "feature=", "")

View solution in original post

0 Karma

buttsurfer
Path Finder

Fixed it by adding 

| dedup feature
          | fields feature
          | format "" "" "" "" "," ""
          | eval search=replace (search, "feature=", "")

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @buttsurfer,

you can also use this easier solution:

index=index1 type=1 [search index=index1 type=type2 application=weather_app | rename feature AS query | fields query ]

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...