Splunk Search

Drilldown to URL on single column

Rgk_Trail
Explorer

Hi, 

I am trying to enable drill-down on only single column present in table in my dashboard named "Training_Link". 

I tried using $column, not sure that's accurate. Then I shifted to $row, its working but drilldown in enabled on entire table.  

<option name="drilldown">cell</option>
<drilldown>
<link target="_blank">$row.Training_Link|n$</link>
</drilldown>

Any idea how can I do this ?

- Rohan

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

Rgk_Trail
Explorer

Hi Vardhan,

Thanks for the response. I tried using the code but it opens up the same dashboard in the separate browser tab. What I am trying to do is open an URL that is listed in "Training_Link" column. 

If I use my old code , it does open up the corresponding URL in new browser tab but it does that for the entire row.

0 Karma

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi @Rgk_Trail ,

I am not sure whether you are editing the code correctly or not which I gave you. Let me show you an example.

Example:

In the below screenshot I have an action field name and contains two values. And the requirement is if I click the success it has to open the other dashboard. And it shouldn't apply to other field values like a failure.

Vardhan_0-1615949858893.png

I have used the below code and it's working fine .This will not apply to the entire row. Modify the below one according to your requirment.

<drilldown>
<condition match="'click.name2' == &quot;action&quot; AND 'click.value2' == &quot;success&quot;">
<set token="testing">$row.success$</set>
<link target="_blank">/app/search/monitoring_copy?count=$row.testing$</link>
</condition>
</drilldown>

If this answer helps you then upvote it.

0 Karma

Rgk_Trail
Explorer

Ohhh.. Sorry about the misunderstanding.. basically I have different URLs in Training_Link column that point to webpages (udemy, corsera, etc) outside of the Splunk. 

So when I click on certain training, it should open the webpage URL in the new tab. 

0 Karma

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi,

Try the below one the drilldown will not apply to the entire table.

<drilldown>
<condition match="'click.name2' == &quot;Training_Link&quot;">
<set token="testing">$row.Training_Link$</set>
<link target="_blank">(Mention dashboard link here)?count=$row.testing$</link>
</condition>
</drilldown>

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

New This Month - Observability Updates Give Extended Visibility and Improve User ...

This month is a collection of special news! From Magic Quadrant updates to AppDynamics integrations to ...

Intro to Splunk Synthetic Monitoring

In our last post, we mentioned that the 3 key pieces of observability – metrics, logs, and traces – provide ...