Splunk Search

Drill down Single Value

dchalasani
Path Finder

Hi,

I want to drill down a single value.

I have a single value named High Risk and I created a table now I want to drill down.. If I click the High risk single value the table have to open.

How to do it?

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

I think you require drilldown to a new dashboard with table when Single Value is clicked. Were you able to get Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples app? It has examples for most of the concepts required for Simple XML, JS and CSS Extensions, including drilldown event handler.

Following is a run anywhere search. You need to understand Search Event Handler <progress> (for Splunk 6.5 and above), which is used here to pass on the Single Value result (in my case count. You should also read about link input in Splunk which allows you to provide internal or external URLs/Links. Most important, refer to the the link here for Splunk Documentation on drilldown event handler: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/EventHandlerReference#drilldown

<single>
    <search>
      <query>index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd log_level=ERROR
 | stats count</query>
      <progress>
        <set token="queryString">$result.count$</set>
      </progress>
      <earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
      <latest>now</latest>
      <sampleRatio>1</sampleRatio>
    </search>
    <option name="drilldown">all</option>
    <drilldown>
      <link target="_blank">https://answers.splunk.com/search.html?q=$queryString$</link>
    </drilldown>
  </single>

PS: Search Event Handler for 6.4 or previous version will be Preview instead of Progress.
For custom link within Splunk instance fully qualified path might not be required. Refer to documentation or Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

I think you require drilldown to a new dashboard with table when Single Value is clicked. Were you able to get Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples app? It has examples for most of the concepts required for Simple XML, JS and CSS Extensions, including drilldown event handler.

Following is a run anywhere search. You need to understand Search Event Handler <progress> (for Splunk 6.5 and above), which is used here to pass on the Single Value result (in my case count. You should also read about link input in Splunk which allows you to provide internal or external URLs/Links. Most important, refer to the the link here for Splunk Documentation on drilldown event handler: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/latest/Viz/EventHandlerReference#drilldown

<single>
    <search>
      <query>index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd log_level=ERROR
 | stats count</query>
      <progress>
        <set token="queryString">$result.count$</set>
      </progress>
      <earliest>-24h@h</earliest>
      <latest>now</latest>
      <sampleRatio>1</sampleRatio>
    </search>
    <drilldown>
      <link target="_blank">https://answers.splunk.com/search.html?q=$queryString$</link>
    </drilldown>
  </single>

PS: Search Event Handler for 6.4 or previous version will be Preview instead of Progress.
For custom link within Splunk instance fully qualified path might not be required. Refer to documentation or Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples.

niketn
Legend

Do you want to display the table when Single Value is clicked or Do you have a token that you need to pass on to the table from Single Value?

For the first piece refer to Null Search Swapper example in the Splunk 6.x Dashboard Examples App, for understanding the use of depends and rejects to hide/show a dashboard content based on whether the token is set or unset. For the Drilldown you can either refer to Drilldown Single Value example or any other Drilldown example (like Contextual Drilldown(In-Page) which explains coding of Drilldown event handler and pass on the token which you require.

dchalasani
Path Finder

Can you help me what are the changes I have to make and where the table dashboard link have to paste? for drill down single value

<earliest>-60m@m</earliest>
      <latest>now</latest>
    </search>
    <option name="rangeColors">["0x555","0xd93f3c"]</option>
    <option name="rangeValues">[0]</option>
    <option name="underLabel">High risk</option>
    <option name="unit">K</option>
    <option name="useColors">1</option>
    <option name="useThousandSeparators">0</option>
  </single>
</panel>
<panel>
  <single>
    <search>
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...