Splunk Search

Does dbquery results count toward daily index license?

fredclown
Contributor

So, the title says it all. I was looking in the db connect documentation and didn't see anything that answered this question. My hunch would be no as the data is not indexed, but I just thought I would ask those a bit wiser than me in Splunk.

1 Solution

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Nope, it sure doesn't, as the data is not indexed. dbinput, where the data comes from a database and is indexed by Splunk, does impact licensing volume.

View solution in original post

bharathkumarnec
Contributor

If you configure DB Connect to output data from a connected database into a Splunk index, the amount of data indexed does count towards your Splunk license. However, performing database lookups against a connected database in DB Connect does not count towards the license.

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Nope, it sure doesn't, as the data is not indexed. dbinput, where the data comes from a database and is indexed by Splunk, does impact licensing volume.

fredclown
Contributor

By the way I am referring to the dbquery command in the DB Connect App.

0 Karma

bharathkumarnec
Contributor

If you configure DB Connect to output data from a connected database into a Splunk index, the amount of data indexed does count towards your Splunk license. However, performing database lookups against a connected database in DB Connect does not count towards the license.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...