Splunk Search

Distributed Search and Lookups

ruisantos
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm getting an error on my Search Head when browsing for content related to some LOOKUP directives I have in my apps.

The LOOKUP directives were copied from one of the search peers were they are working.

Currently my problems are: - I'm getting an error stating that this lookup does not exist on one of the search peers (true, because that search peer does not required them) - the LOOKUP directives are not working on the search head.

Any ideas on how this can be solved?

0 Karma

Stephen_Sorkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk should automatically move lookup related files to the search peers from the search head. Is this a script-based lookup? If so, there are some intricacies in getting these to work in distributed, since they may land in a different-than-expected directory.

Could you share your configuration and the general mechanism of operation for your lookup?

0 Karma

gfriedmann
Communicator

What are the intricacies for a script based lookup in a distributed environment? For example, dnslookup.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...