Splunk Search

Display latest data in dashboard

kirrusk
Communicator

Hello all,

I have a requirement below :

I'm pushing csv file(not pushing regularly) data to splunk index using splunk forwarder.

Using that data need to create a simple dashboard with tables and dropdowns.

So my requirement is when ever i push data, only that data should be shown in dashboard (means latest data)

Example,  if i push a csv file on 19th nov that data only should be displayed in table whenever i open that dashboard .  for suppose if i pushed again csv file on 23rd nov then tables should display data only for this date.

Here i don't want to change time manually in dashboard for every update.

please suggest

Labels (5)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

If you are indexing the data , you still need to select a suitable time range unless you want to slow down your environment by using "All Time"

If different dates have same number of records/fields, then you can just use

index="your index" .... 
|stats latest(your field list)

However , above approach will not work if you have different number of fields/records for different dates.

In that case you may try below,

index="your index" "other search terms"
|eval date=strftime(_time,"%d-%m-%Y")
|eventstats latest(date) as latest_date
|where date == latest_date

Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

If you are indexing the data , you still need to select a suitable time range unless you want to slow down your environment by using "All Time"

If different dates have same number of records/fields, then you can just use

index="your index" .... 
|stats latest(your field list)

However , above approach will not work if you have different number of fields/records for different dates.

In that case you may try below,

index="your index" "other search terms"
|eval date=strftime(_time,"%d-%m-%Y")
|eventstats latest(date) as latest_date
|where date == latest_date

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

kirrusk
Communicator

@renjith_nair  still not working 

for example, today no data pushed to splunk but i want to display latest results with out selecting the dynamic time.

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Which part is not working ? As mentioned above you need to select a suitable time range to list the events regardless of how often you send  the data. For e.g. If you are sending data once in a month, you need to select a time range to get data from last month from the index since the events are stored with a  timestamp. Is this working ?

Alternatively you may consider a lookup file instead of indexing the data if you do not want to select a time range at all.

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...