Splunk Search

Disk usage Alerts

Voltaire
Communicator

I am trying to set up a search then alert on our *nix systems SAN-LUNs storage system. I modified a default *NIX disk usage search, however it only works with reporting on /dev/sda usage. I do not know how to specify the variables for a SAN storage LUN or BOOT partition.

I have enclosed a copy of my FSTAB file, and a df listing. (Sorry about the formatting?)

FSTAB /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 / ext3 defaults 1 1 LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults 1 2 tmpfs /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0 devpts /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0 sysfs /sys sysfs defaults 0 0 proc /proc proc defaults 0 0 /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap swap defaults 0 0

root@ihswp1 adminmm0]# df -h -T Filesystem Type Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 ext3 9.7G 8.6G 602M 94% / /dev/sda1 ext3 99M 24M 71M 26% /boot tmpfs tmpfs 1014M 0 1014M 0% /dev/shm

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

V

Tags (1)

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You should look at the formatting tools in the input box toolbar. There is a button to format code so that it displays as typed in the box.

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You should look at the Splunk for Unix app, in particular the df.sh script for collecting information about your disks in a convenient format for Splunk to parse.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...