Splunk Search

Difference between lookup and search - i only want the unique value from the lookup that doesnt exist in the search

greekleo89
Loves-to-Learn Everything

Hi All,

I have a splunk query which i cannot get to work for the life of me:  This is the search

|inputlookup feeds.csv | fields "Threat Feed" |table "Threat Feed" |eval observed=1
|append [search index=main sourcetype="feeds" source="/opt/splunkforwarder/bin/scripts/stats.sh" type=feed
|rename dn as "Threat Feed" customerID as companyId |table "Threat Feed" companyId
| join companyId
[| dbxquery query="mysql query" ]
|eval observed = 0]
|stats min(observed) as observed values(customerId) as cs by "Threat Feed" | where observed =1

Current Result:

Threat Feed (column name)
Feed55 <<< Correct feed that should not exist in any of the customers

The csv file only has a column named Threat Feed, there are five rows only.

The search results are around 25 different feeds per customer (50 customers)

I am interested in showing which feeds from the CSV do not exist in the search results i.e from the 25 feeds, i need this by customer so that i can create an alert.

At the moment i am getting an output of the 1 feed name that doesnt exist, but i cant link this to the customer as the csv file does not have a customerID field as its a generic file.

Labels (5)
0 Karma

greekleo89
Loves-to-Learn Everything

bump bump....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...