Splunk Search

Days Between Question

jhayIV
Engager

I am trying to determine the days between a static date and current date

in this query I added a the 2008r2 column with a static date - table Division Name OS _time | eval 2008r2="1/14/2020"|

I was unable to use a previous eval statement on this, I assume I dont have that column formatted properly
eval Days=round((2008r2(now(),"@d")-relative_time(2008r2,"@d"))/86400,0)

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use like this

...table Division Name OS _time | eval 2008r2="1/14/2020"| eval Days=round((relative_time(now(),"@d")-relative_time(strptime('2008r2',"%m/%d/%Y"),"@d"))/86400,0) 

Basically, you need to convert your string date to epoch format so that you can do mathematical operation with current time now() which is in epoch. (the relative_time function also only accepts epoch value).

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

We need to see sample event data and your full search.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...