Splunk Search

Database lookup not returning all matches

sc0tt
Builder

I have created a database lookup and have changed the maximum matches in the lookup defintion to 100, but only 1 match is being returned. I am using DB Connect 1.1.2 with an Oracle database.

Any suggestions?

0 Karma
1 Solution

ziegfried
Influencer

You need to set max_matches in the corresponding stanza in both transforms.conf and dblookup.conf. Have you restarted Splunk after making those changes?

View solution in original post

karthi4k
Explorer

Hi, I have a lookup whose maximum match is 249. I've set the "max_matches" to 300 but the maximum it returns is only 99. Is it the limit? Are there any other settings I need to modify? Any help would be appreciated.

0 Karma

ziegfried
Influencer

You need to set max_matches in the corresponding stanza in both transforms.conf and dblookup.conf. Have you restarted Splunk after making those changes?

sroback_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi. Yes, the subject of editing dblookup.conf and transforms.conf files to create a lookup that returns more than the default number of one match is covered here:

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/1.1.3/DeployDBX/Setupadatabaselookuptable#Create_a_lookup_b...

sc0tt
Builder

I did not edit the config files. I only made the change in the Lookup definitions via Splunk web. Adding max_matches to dblookup.conf fixed the issue. Is it documented anywhere that you need to make changes to this file as well? Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...