Splunk Search

Data not being populated from SplunkDB Connect

dm2
Explorer

Hi, 

I have a connection on Splunk DB Connect on my HF (connected to my SH and I know connection is stable and other sources reach my SH from the HF)  but data is not populated on my index (I also tried connecting to a new index=database on my SH and HF and restarting and did not work)

dm2_0-1707291737050.png

dm2_1-1707291832835.png

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

By "Search head" you mean something like an all-in-one Splunk install, right? Indexer, SH, etc... all in a single box?

I think a quick outline of how this should work might help

1. The HF with DB Connect will have an outputs.conf set up that points to your Indexer/SH
  2. The Indexer/SH will have receiving turned on
  3. So when your HF "collects" data using DB Connect, it puts that data into an index that's on the indexer.

So if I had to make a primary guess, it's that you didn't hook the HF up to the SH/IDX to send it's data there, so what it's doing is saving the data into an index _on the local HF_ instead of on your primary SH/Indexer.

Some docs to read - I promise they're pretty good too!  But double check you've done all the steps in both -

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.2.0/Forwarding/Enableareceiver

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.2.0/Forwarding/Deployaheavyforwarder

If that doesn't work, let us know what you did and what it's now doing. 

Also you could check DB Connect's various "monitoring" pages to see what they say about what's happening.  Maybe you just have some other error or forgot to schedule the DB input or something.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...