Splunk Search

Customized Sum Condition

hollybross1219
Path Finder

I have the following query:

splunk_server=indexer* index=wsi sourcetype=fdpwsiperf (channel_type=ofx2 OR agent_service=OfxAgent) domain=tax api_version=v1 capability=* tax_year=2019 NOT *test* NOT *jmeter-automation* ofx_codes!="[15500,2000]"
| lookup Provider_Alert.csv Provider_ID AS partnerId OUTPUT Tier Form_Type
| search Tier=Tier1
| eval time_bucket=case(_time>=relative_time(now(),"-1h"), "last_hour", 1==1, "prior_hour")
| eval error_type=case(error_code_host="2000", "OFX_2000", error_code_service IN ("5000","5001"), "provider_unavailable", like(http_status_code_host,"5%"), "HTTP_500",1==1,"null")
| eval combo=partnerId."::".provider_id."::".Form_Type."::".host_base_url."::".error_type
| chart dc(intuit_tid) as total_requests by combo time_bucket
| eval partnerId=mvindex(split(combo,"::"),0)
| eval provider_id=mvindex(split(combo,"::"),1)
| eval Form_Type=mvindex(split(combo,"::"),2)
| eval host_base_url=mvindex(split(combo,"::"),3)
| eval error_type=mvindex(split(combo,"::"),4)
| fields partnerId provider_id Form_Type host_base_url error_type last_hour prior_hour

Which produces a table, where the following result is possible:

partnerIdprovider_idForm_typehost_base_urlerror_typelast_hourprior_hour
partner1XYZFormAurlBnull5030
partner1XYZFormAurlBHTTP 5001220
partner2ABCFormBurlZnull2030

I would like to add a column that sums values in last_hour according to grouping by partnerId, so that the above example, I would have another column (ie. extra_column) that has 62 (ie. 50 + 12 = 62) in the two rows for partner1.

Extra note: I need the volume breakdown by error_type, but not in a chart format.

How can I achieve this?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Try adding below to your search

your search
|eventstats sum(last_hour) as last_hour_sum by partnerId

Also

can't you change 

eval combo=partnerId."::".provider_id."::".Form_Type."::".host_base_url."::".error_type
| chart dc(intuit_tid) as total_requests by combo time_bucket
| eval partnerId=mvindex(split(combo,"::"),0)
| eval provider_id=mvindex(split(combo,"::"),1)
| eval Form_Type=mvindex(split(combo,"::"),2)
| eval host_base_url=mvindex(split(combo,"::"),3)
| eval error_type=mvindex(split(combo,"::"),4)

with

|stats dc(intuit_tid) as total_requests by partnerId,provider_id,Form_Type,host_base_url,error_type
Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...