Splunk Search

Creating checkboxes to check multiple severity values to update a report, how do I get the value ">5" to produce results?

jyothishtj

Hi Team,

I am trying to create a checkbox for severity with values 1,2,3,4 and >4. I need to check multiple checkboxes at the same time so a report will be refreshed based on the value. I tried to give name value pair as:

Name     Value
-----    -----
1        1
2        2
3        3
4        4
5+       >5

and Delimiter value as OR SEVERITY= and token as genSEVERITY

Then gave the report query as

index=index_custom SEVERITY= $genSEVERITY$  | table INC_COMPANY INC_NUMBER  SEVERITY | sort + SEVERITY

When I am checking values 1, 2, 3, 4, it is listing the values correctly, but when I am trying to select 5+ it is giving an error because the query will be

severity=1 or severity=2 or severity=3 or severity=4 or severity=>5

Is there any way I can get severity>=5 with this value, or any other methods to achieve the required results? Please help.

Thanks ,
Jyo

0 Karma
1 Solution

HeinzWaescher
Motivator

Have you tried out

index=index_custom $genSEVERITY$ | table INC_COMPANY INC_NUMBER SEVERITY | sort + SEVERITY

And then use
Name|Value
1 | severity=1
2 | severity=2
3 |severity=3
4 | severity=4
5+ |severity>=5

View solution in original post

0 Karma

HeinzWaescher
Motivator

Have you tried out

index=index_custom $genSEVERITY$ | table INC_COMPANY INC_NUMBER SEVERITY | sort + SEVERITY

And then use
Name|Value
1 | severity=1
2 | severity=2
3 |severity=3
4 | severity=4
5+ |severity>=5

0 Karma

jyothishtj

Thanks. This is working fine

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...