Splunk Search

Create Multi-Value field based 4 fields

jachockey012
Explorer

So basically I have some network logs and by base search filters down to source IP, destination IP, destination port, and protocol. I am trying to figure out a way to iterate over all events and group based off the 4-tuple data mentioned above. Below is an image of what I am thinking. You'll notice I added an ID field and I figured that would somehow be the equivalent to  ID+=1 at the end of a loop or something. 

spl-help.PNG

The original data is bro logs. If you need a list of all the fields below is a link and the source is the conn.log (the green box on the first page)
http://gauss.ececs.uc.edu/Courses/c6055/pdf/bro_log_vars.pdf 

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval tuple='src-ip'.'dst-ip'.'dst-port'.'proto'
| stats list(src-ip) as src-ip list(dst-ip) as dst-ip list(dst-port) as dst-port list(proto) as proto by tuple
| streamstats count as id
| fields - tuple

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| eval tuple='src-ip'.'dst-ip'.'dst-port'.'proto'
| stats list(src-ip) as src-ip list(dst-ip) as dst-ip list(dst-port) as dst-port list(proto) as proto by tuple
| streamstats count as id
| fields - tuple

jachockey012
Explorer

Effective... Thank you very much. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...