Splunk Search

Count by column with clausule where and fill with 0 if not found

miki73
Engager

Hello,
So situation is

| stats count by col1 | where col1 IN ("tmp1", "tmp2", "tmp3")

and i call this for last 5 min, but sometimes for example "tmp1" is not happen in last 5 min so i want to put into my list value like

col1 count
tmp1 0
tmp2 5
tmp3 10

After that i want to create from this a chart so i need to include values with count=0 to analize.
anyone know how to handle that situation ?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

kyaparla
Path Finder

Something like this, should work.

| stats count by col1 | appendpipe [tail 1 | eval col1=mvappend("tmp1", "tmp2", "tmp3") | eval count=0] | mvexpand col1 | stats max(count) as count by col1| where col1 IN ("tmp1", "tmp2", "tmp3")

If the list is too big, its better to put them in a lookup table and use append command.

link for lookup solution.
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/580763/help-needed-with-a-search-and-a-lookup.html#answer-582032

View solution in original post

kyaparla
Path Finder

Something like this, should work.

| stats count by col1 | appendpipe [tail 1 | eval col1=mvappend("tmp1", "tmp2", "tmp3") | eval count=0] | mvexpand col1 | stats max(count) as count by col1| where col1 IN ("tmp1", "tmp2", "tmp3")

If the list is too big, its better to put them in a lookup table and use append command.

link for lookup solution.
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/580763/help-needed-with-a-search-and-a-lookup.html#answer-582032

miki73
Engager

Works fine for me thank you 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...