Splunk Search

Converting event into fields and values

shakSplunk
Path Finder

Hi all,

I'm trying to convert the message body of my events into fields. 

The structure of the event message is in a comma delimeted key-value pair format. An example of the structure is:

TimeEvent
10/08/2021
15:09:49.000

Timestamp,10/08/2021 15:09:49,Environment,EUAT,Artefact,ICE,Application,ICE,Domain,ws,Status,RUNNING

10/08/2021
Timestamp,10/08/2021 15:09:49,Environment,EUAT,Artefact,ICE,Application,Radiating Whitespaced App,Domain,dc,Status,ERROR
10/08/2021
Timestamp,10/08/2021 15:09:49,Environment,DEV,Artefact,MC,Application,MCIO,AppID,4,Hostname,4569erg,Domain,wsdc,Status,STOPPED

Is there a way, through a search query to make every odd value a 'field' and every even value a corresponding 'value' for that field. Therefore, 'Timestamp' would be a field, with it's corresponding value, then 'Environment' would be the next field.

The tricky part is that there can be varying lengths of key-value pair strings in the events. For instance, the first row has 6 pairs of key-value pairs, whereas the third row has 8. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| extract pairdelim="," kvdelim=","

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| extract pairdelim="," kvdelim=","
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...