Splunk Search

Converting Splunk Curl API to Windows Powershell

qcjacobo2577
Path Finder

I have a working script that allows me to retrieve the job ID of a search in Splunk.  This is working in Windows using GNU curl (and is also working --- albeit modified --- in the native Ubuntu Linux version of curl).

I am now trying to take this same approach and run it in Windows Powershell --- unfortunately, I have not yet been successful. Here is what I have so far (working curl version is shown first).

curl.exe -k -H "Authorization: Bearer <MYTOKEN>" https://<MYINSTANCE>.splunkcloud.com:8089/services/search/jobs/ --data-urlencode  search='<MYSEARCH>'

============
============

$headers = @{
    "Authorization" = "Bearer <MYTOKEN>"
}
$body = @{
    "search" = "<MYSEARCH>"
}
$response = Invoke-WebRequest -Uri "https://<MYINSTANCE>.splunkcloud.com:8089/services/search/jobs/" `
    -Method Post `
    -Headers $headers `
    -ContentType "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" `
    -Body $body `

Any guidance is appreciated. 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

qcjacobo2577
Path Finder

@richgalloway Figured it out --- had an extra "`" character at the end.  It is working now.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What error do you get from PowerShell?

I see curl uses the -k option, but PowerShell does not use the equivalent -SkipCertificateCheck option.  Perhaps that is a factor.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

qcjacobo2577
Path Finder

@richgalloway I thought the same thing as that did generate an error.  If I simply remove that line, I get the following error:

Incomplete string token.
    + CategoryInfo          : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : IncompleteString
0 Karma

qcjacobo2577
Path Finder

@richgalloway Figured it out --- had an extra "`" character at the end.  It is working now.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK: a Step-by-Step Guide for ...

Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step guide for newbies Olga Malita The ...