Splunk Search

Connectivity Search

troyredskins

I have an issue with the connectivity between the heavy forwarder and the deployment server. What is a search that I could use in the GUI to diagnose the issue?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

SanjayReddy
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hi @troyredskins 

as a first check please verify connectity between HF---->DS by doing telnet from HF to deplotment server using following command.
if it is related to connectivity issue , it can resloved by enabling firewall between HF and DS. 

command: telnet deplotmentserverip:portnumber  (by default splunkd port number is 8089 but verify in deplotment server using (ps -ef | grep -i splunkd) )

example:  telnet 127.0.0.1 8089 

also verify deplotmentclient configuration on HF using command 

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk show deploy-poll 

if connecection is happening between HF and DS and as mentioned by @richgalloway 
please search for DeploymentClient  in splunkd.log on HF under  $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk to check for WARN and ERROR messages. 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Look at splunkd.log on the DS and HF.  They should explain the problem.  Depending on the nature of the issue, you may have to sign in to the HF to access the log.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...