Splunk Search

Conditionaly Change form input variable value in the form search query

hartfoml
Motivator

I have a form that is doing SQL seach and Splunk Search using one veriable input text. When I want to use a wild card in the form I put in a "%" for SQL but this does not work for Splunk. For splunk I need to use a "*".

I tried using the eval with the if commend to change the wild card but this did not work

useing:
<input type="text" token="ip">

Then puting in the wild card "%" in the form

Then | dbquery MVM "SELECT * from TABLE WHERE IP LIKE '%$ip$%'

the SQL search runes like this | dbquery MVM "SELECT * from TABLE WHERE IP LIKE '%%%'

Then index=foo | eval ip=if(ip="%","*",ip) | search IP="*$ip$*"

the splunk search runes like this index=foo | eval ip=if(ip="%","*",ip) | search IP="*%*"

How can I convert the % to a * for the splunk search?

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

For your splunk search, have you tried .. | where like(ip, $ip$). With this approach, you will not have to change the % to *. Give it a try!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...