Splunk Search

Compare Lookup CSV with Search

sumit29
Path Finder

Dear Experts ,

I have created the Lookup Hostname.csv(Contain only one field Hostname) which contain 100 number of hosts. I need to write a search to compare the hostname.csv with current search(List of unique hostname ) to get the new hostname come to network comparing with hostname.csv.

Lets say 101 , a new host came to network . Need to compare with hostname.csv . Display in search output

0 Karma
1 Solution

HeinzWaescher
Motivator
sourcetype=foo NOT [inputlookup hostname.csv | fields+ host]
| stats values(host) AS new_hosts

The subsearch will exclude all known hosts from the list, so only new hosts are shown in the results

View solution in original post

HeinzWaescher
Motivator
sourcetype=foo NOT [inputlookup hostname.csv | fields+ host]
| stats values(host) AS new_hosts

The subsearch will exclude all known hosts from the list, so only new hosts are shown in the results

Michael
Contributor

hmm, did not work for me until I did:

index=blah [inputlookup hostname.csv | table host] | stats values(host) AS "Hosts appearing in Splunk, not on my list"

didn't use the "fields+"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...