Splunk Search

Combine multiple search fields

jbanAtSplunk
Communicator

Hi, 

We have a scenario where we have three different events that should combine together based on Event ID.  

Example 

Event 1 Fields: 

• Hostname 
  • Unique_ID 
  • Has_Vulnerabilities 

Event 2 Fields: 

• Scan_Date 
  • Hostname_Unique_ID 
  • Vulnerability_Id 

Event 3 Fields: 

• Vulnerability_id 
  • Description 
  • Start_Date 
  •  

What we are trying to do is, when I click on “Event 1 Unique_ID” to get all Vulnerabilities for Selected Host for “Event 2” enriched with selected data from “Event 3”. 

All three events are in the same index but different sourcetype.  

What is the best approach here? Subsearch seems slow If I go “Event 2” first and then filter to “Event 1”. I want another way around.  

Labels (2)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you clarify if you want an dashboard (as you are talking about clicks) and drill down to those events by individual hosts or do you want one query which contains all that info?

I suppose that Hostname == Hostname_Unique_ID or is there some other field on event 1 to match those?

r. Ismo

0 Karma

jbanAtSplunk
Communicator

Eventually I will create dashboard. For now, search is enough just to get me going 🙂

we can use hostname=hostname_unique_id

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...