Splunk Search

Collect changes my timestamp

ramarm

Hi,

I want to have a scheduled search that take data and make some logic on it and at the end put it in a summary index.
The problem is that it changes my timestamp no matter what i do.
I've tried giving the collect "timeformat" as my time format, tried using eval _time = strptime(), tried both addtime options and nothing works.

My events in the indexes are either json or csv with a custom source type. The splunk recognize my timestamp as I want but in testmode=true. But when I change it to false the summary index timestamp is the search time or the info_min_time, depends my search syntax.
I would say that if i do the same search in the _internal index the timestamp is the original time. As I want in my indexes.

I looked everywhere and didn't find anything that works.

Thank for helping

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Splunk's _time field is very special. It is always in integer but this is obscured because it carries around this code with it at all times | fieldformat _time = strftime(_time, "%c"). Is your _time field an integer or is it human-formatted (it must be the former)?

0 Karma

ramarm

Hi,
I tried to look of my field is number or string as recommend.
I used eval type=typeof(_time) and in both indexes, mine and the _internal for example it was number.
Any other suggestions?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...