Splunk Search

Clickable value in the output table

vadlamudi
Explorer

HI There,

Can i please know how make the REQUEST_ID clickable from the below query. i want pass the REQUEST_ID from query1 to query2 when the user clicks on the REQUEST_ID in table from query1.

Query 1:

index=<<index_name>> | dedup REQUEST_ID |
table USER_ID, ENTITY_TYPE, ENTITY_ID, REQUEST_ID, STATUS | where USER_ID="123123123"

Query 2:

Index=<<index_name>> "error" | where $REQUEST_ID$

Thank you

Labels (5)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Chef
Explorer

Hi vadlamudi,

You can do this in a dashboard if you create a panel for each of those queries. Click "More actions" on the Query 1 table, select "edit drilldown" and then "Manage tokens on this dashboard".

Chef_0-1634769909789.png

Then you can just set the REQUEST_ID token to $row.REQUEST_ID$ and the second panel will automatically update with the users preferences.

Another option is to "Link to search" which will open a new window with the second query you specified, you can pass through the token the same way ($row.REQUEST_ID$).

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Chef
Explorer

Hi vadlamudi,

You can do this in a dashboard if you create a panel for each of those queries. Click "More actions" on the Query 1 table, select "edit drilldown" and then "Manage tokens on this dashboard".

Chef_0-1634769909789.png

Then you can just set the REQUEST_ID token to $row.REQUEST_ID$ and the second panel will automatically update with the users preferences.

Another option is to "Link to search" which will open a new window with the second query you specified, you can pass through the token the same way ($row.REQUEST_ID$).

Hope this helps!

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...