Splunk Search

Chart with multiple Row Fields that Share Values Over One Column Field

jjezusek
Engager

Hello,
I was wondering if you can have a chart that compares the average of one field depending on the value of several other fields. I want to compare the average runtime of a query and compare the time depending on how many certain conditions are set. So for example I want to see the difference of having 1 integer condition compared to 1 varchar condition as a side by side bar chart. The two charts I have that show the results are below:

| chart avg(runtime) as "Average Run Time(ms)" by Total.Count.Integer.Conditons

| chart avg(runtime) as "Average Run Time(ms)" by Total.Count.Varchar.Conditons

alt text

So the above two charts would ideally be one grouped by the number of conditions.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Give this a try

your current search before the chart command which has fields runtime  Total.Count.Integer.Conditons Total.Count.Varchar.Conditons
| untable runtime condition TotalCount
| eval IntRuntime=if(condition="Total.Count.Integer.Conditons",runtime, null())
| eval VarRuntime=if(condition="Total.Count.Varchar.Conditons",runtime, null())
| stats avg(IntRuntime) as "Average Run Time(ms) - Integer Condition"  avg(VarRuntime) as "Average Run Time(ms) - Varchar Condition" by TotalCount

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Give this a try

your current search before the chart command which has fields runtime  Total.Count.Integer.Conditons Total.Count.Varchar.Conditons
| untable runtime condition TotalCount
| eval IntRuntime=if(condition="Total.Count.Integer.Conditons",runtime, null())
| eval VarRuntime=if(condition="Total.Count.Varchar.Conditons",runtime, null())
| stats avg(IntRuntime) as "Average Run Time(ms) - Integer Condition"  avg(VarRuntime) as "Average Run Time(ms) - Varchar Condition" by TotalCount

jjezusek
Engager

Thank you. This was able to work!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...