Splunk Search

Changes in timechart useother functionality in 4.2?

kevintelford
Path Finder

We used to have a dashboard driven by a simple query that would show a value per hour for all of our index servers.

* | timechart span=1h count by splunk_server useother=f

Before we upgraded to 4.2 this would work as we had come to expect it, but now it only shows the top 10 servers. If we drop useother=f it will then show an "other" column along with the top 10, but we want all splunk_server values. Is there a new way to do this?

Thanks, Kevin

0 Karma
1 Solution

Stephen_Sorkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm pretty sure that's how it has always behaved. To get more series, you need to use the limit argument like:

* | timechart span=1h count by splunk_server limit=100

View solution in original post

Stephen_Sorkin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'm pretty sure that's how it has always behaved. To get more series, you need to use the limit argument like:

* | timechart span=1h count by splunk_server limit=100

kevintelford
Path Finder

Thank you Stephen 🙂 useother=f used to work, just not sure if it was intended to do what I wanted. Either way, limit=100 works perfectly, thank you sir.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...