Splunk Search

Change Delimeter for Export CSV

jack_sumatra
Explorer

Just a quick question. I have no experience on Splunk, but my company just use it to collect data.

My Splunk Query search :

sourcetype=st_file| fillnull clientTransactionID msisdn ocsID orderID applicationID productType providerName reponseCode responsedetail reponseMessage actiontype bNumber gatewayTransactionID | stats count as trx by _time clientTransactionID msisdn ocsID orderID applicationID productType providerName reponseCode responsedetail reponseMessage actiontype bNumber gatewayTransactionID

Then the result will be export to csv file like this :

"_time",clientTransactionID,msisdn,ocsID,orderID,applicationID,productType,providerName,reponseCode,responsedetail,reponseMessage,actiontype,bNumber,gatewayTransactionID,trx

"2020-10-17T17:20:00.000+0700",023029300002187960,6281220636564,TC01,0,RBT0000,SP,RBT,2,"0|1630429199000|65","CHARGING_SUCCEEDED",F,000,"RBT0000:023029300002187960",1

Can anyone suggest me how to change delimiter from '"," to "|" on my search query? 

I already read that we can change it from conf. files but since  I can't get access to those files, so i have no clue here. 

Thank you

Labels (2)
Tags (3)

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jack_sumatra do you get the csv file thru outputcsv command or just search results export option?

ok, the simplest idea would be, doing some post-processing methods.,

ie, after getting the csv file, you can use notepad or vi editor for linux and do "search and replace" all "," to "|"

or, do you get the csv report thru alert/report?, if so, there may be some ideas.

jack_sumatra
Explorer

I got the csv file from export option. 

Thank you for the tricks, it works with small data.

But can you help me with search query to replace delimiter, because with large data results my laptop just give up to open it. 😂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...