Splunk Search

Can I loop through all my fields* using the foreach command, or in some way reduce the number of eval case statements in my search?

splunker1981
Path Finder

Hello Splunk experts,

I'm trying to figure out a better way to handle the large number of case statements that I would need to null out values across my fields when the value stored = 001. I'm currently doing something like what I have shown below:

searchHere
| eval field1=case(field1 == 001, null(),1=1, field1) 
| eval field2=case(field2 == 001, null(),1=1, field2) 
| eval field3=case(field3 == 001, null(),1=1, field3)
 .... bunch more here
| stats values(*) by Key 

This works as intended but compiling all these evals are a pain. I was trying to loop through all my fields* using the foreach command but I can't seem to get the fields to names to maintain their name

|foreach field* [eval <<FIELD>> = if(<<FIELD>> == 001, null(), 1=1, <<FIELD>>)]
0 Karma
1 Solution

splunker1981
Path Finder

Figured out a better way to do this using streamstats

| streamstats count as counter
 | stats values(*) as * by counter
 | fields - counter

View solution in original post

0 Karma

splunker1981
Path Finder

Figured out a better way to do this using streamstats

| streamstats count as counter
 | stats values(*) as * by counter
 | fields - counter
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...