Splunk Search

Can I disable field extractions?

mbavlsik
Engager

If I look at Settings > Fields > Field extractions, it looks like there's a Status for "enabled/disabled." Is it possible to disable a field extraction without deleting it? There are some cases where I'd like to remove an extraction, but I'm not sure if it's in use or not, so I don't want to just remove it.

mayurr98
Super Champion

Well, workaround for this is to comment out the field extractions which are not require from the back-end. you would find them in ..splunk/etc/apps/<appname>/local/props.conf.

I am not sure, but I guess, commented field extractions would not appear on GUI. but they will always be there in the backend. so just check for one if you are gonna do this way and see how it appears.

let me know if this helps!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...