id=[id] key=[key] value=[value]

For example:
id=1 key=mycounter value=4
id=1 key=mytime value=40
id=2 key=mycounter value=5
id=2 key=mytime value=70
id=3 key=mycounter value=8
id=3 key=mytime value=90

I would like to calculate mycounter/mytime for each id.

I created a table ((key=mycounter OR key=mytime) | dedup id, key | table id, key, value) and tried to apply mvcombine and makemv, but I was not able to get it working. Is this the right way to go or is there a better way in Splunk?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this:

key=mycounter OR key=mytime | eval value_{key} = value | stats first(value_*) as * by id | eval result = mycounter / mytime

The first eval creates two fields, value_mycounter and value_mytime. The stats merges the two events into one for each id. The final eval does the actual maths.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this:

key=mycounter OR key=mytime | eval value_{key} = value | stats first(value_*) as * by id | eval result = mycounter / mytime

The first eval creates two fields, value_mycounter and value_mytime. The stats merges the two events into one for each id. The final eval does the actual maths.

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Gerne! 🙂

0 Karma

larsxschneider
Explorer

Awesome! Thank you very much!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

WATCH NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If exploited, ...

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...