Splunk Search

Calculate Processing time for transactions/snapshots

markgomez00
Explorer

I'am a total newbie on splunk, so I would really appreciate your help.

right now i have these query
index=[index] host="[host]" sourcetype="[sourcetype]" "An update snapshot has been received" "" and so far i still can't get it to work

I was wondering if it is possible to calculate the time it takes to complete processing for a single snapshot (the snapshot are being received from a third party app) with the given GUID

And maybe improve the query by grouping the results by guid

Thanks in advance

0 Karma

okrabbe_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I think the transaction command is what you are looking for.

For example:

"your_search_here" | transaction guid  |  table _time guid duration

Will group the the search results based on guid and add a field called duration to every grouping of events. You will probably want to explore some of the options for tuning the transaction because it can be an expensive command on large datasets. You may also run into issues if guid is reused so you may want to limit how long you allow the transaction to stay open.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.3/SearchReference/Transaction

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...