Splunk Search

COnvert week number to the 1st date in that week

nikita012

Below is the data. Weeknum is the number of week where 01-05 are week numbers from 2019 and 40-44 are week numbers from 2018. I want to generate a chart for the same data with x-axis as the first date of each week number. Ex- 40 should be Oct 1, 2018 and 01 should be 30/12/2018. How do I do it?

week Total
01 3
02 2
03 1
04 1
05 3
40 4
41 9
42 4
43 5
44 10

0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@nikita012 please try one of my older answers https://answers.splunk.com/answers/637244/time-range-to-display-count-of-weekly.html

View solution in original post

0 Karma

nikita012

alt text

Following is the code:-

| eval Dates=strptime(Date, "%m/%d/%Y")
| sort Dates
| eval Dates=strftime(Dates, "%d/%m/%Y")
| eval weeknum=strftime(relative_time(strptime(Dates,"%d/%m/%Y"),"@w2"),"%Y/%V")
| stats min(_time) as MinTime by weeknum
| eval MinTime=strftime(MinTime,"%m/%d/%Y")
| eval WeekStartDate=strftime(relative_time(strptime(MinTime,"%m/%d/%Y"),"-0w@w"),"%m/%d/%Y")

This code is not giving the start date of each weeknum. 2018/39 should be 01/10/2018. It's taking the start date of the current week. How should I reslove it?

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@nikita012 please try one of my older answers https://answers.splunk.com/answers/637244/time-range-to-display-count-of-weekly.html

nikita012

alt text

I applied the code and got year no./week no. on x-axis. Ex- 2018/39 where 2018 is the year no. and 39 is the week no. How can I get the first date of that week on x-axis. Can you please provide the code for it. Ex- 2019/01 should be 01/01/2019.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@nikita012 I am not sure how the post does not help with your current query?
Following is a run anywhere example which converts your time format data %Y/%U to %m/%d/%Y

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd log_level!=ERROR component=Exec* 
| eval WeekOfYear=strftime(_time,"%Y/%U") 
| stats count as Errors min(_time) as MinTime by WeekOfYear 
| eval MinTime=strftime(MinTime,"%m/%d/%Y") 
| eval WeekStartDate=strftime(relative_time(strptime(MinTime,"%m/%d/%Y"),"-0w@w"),"%m/%d/%Y")
| table WeekStartDate Errors

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

New This Month - Observability Updates Give Extended Visibility and Improve User ...

This month is a collection of special news! From Magic Quadrant updates to AppDynamics integrations to ...

Intro to Splunk Synthetic Monitoring

In our last post, we mentioned that the 3 key pieces of observability – metrics, logs, and traces – provide ...