Splunk Search

Blockquotes not working when posting questions on this site

vqd361
Path Finder

Dear Splunk,

When typing a question on this site, the editor says I can blockquote by using a greater than symbol before the text. In fact, there's a button for it in the editor's toolbar.

> This text should be blockquoted.

I can see the blockquoted text in my editing preview. However, when I post the question the blockquoted part is no longer blockquoted. Instead, the greater than symbols are displayed.

It'd be great if you could fix this bug.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

vqd361
Path Finder

Another test.

Blockquote

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Blockquotes do seem to work now:

this is blockquoted text

I agree that there are some weird markdown issues on this site, I know the team is looking at figuring them out and documenting any restrictions.

0 Karma

vqd361
Path Finder

Interesting. It works for answers, but not for the question. When I clicked the button to submit the original question, I briefly saw something like "gt;" appear where the greater than symbol was. Maybe there's some javascript that's trying to sanitize the input and it's clobbering the greater than symbol.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Markdown has been broken for months and every few days it changes a little bit. I have never seen anything like it.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...