Splunk Search

Automatic lookup field not displayed

sc0tt
Builder

I created the below automatic lookup through Splunk 6 web.

app_info host AS host gate AS gate OUTPUTNEW app AS app 

If I use this lookup in a search it works as expected. However, when simply searching the source the output field is not displayed.

Am I missing something?

Tags (3)
0 Karma

aelliott
Motivator

I've found that the automatic lookups don't work with apps that they are not created under. Either 1 you will need to move the config settings to system, or 2 create the same lookup again for each app(and upload multiple csv files)

Here is some info on setting it up to be in system instead of a specific app:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.0/Knowledge/Addfieldsfromexternaldatasources

jeremiahc4
Builder

Agreed, I just created my entire lookup (table, definition, and automatic lookup) in the app I want it in and it isn't showing the automatic lookup. Did you ever find an answer for this?

0 Karma

sc0tt
Builder

Thanks. I've done this but it still doesn't seem that it is working. I guess I need to look into this more and do some more testing.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...