Splunk Search

Are transitive lookups supported?

hulahoop
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I am looking to take the results of one lookup and use that as input to another lookup for the same data source. Is this possible? In testing with Splunk 4.1 I was not able to get it working, but perhaps I missed something in the config. Here's what I attempted:

[mydatasource]
LOOKUP-ac1 = AreaCodeToCityLookup areacode OUTPUT city
LOOKUP-ac2 = CityToCoordinatesLookup city OUTPUT latitude, longitude

Both lookups are simple CSV lookups.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't think this is possible because of the way that lookups are evaluated, but Dr. Z or Sorkin might know better.

In any case, I would recommend that the lookups be combined or that you invoke the second lookup in a search.

View solution in original post

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I don't think this is possible because of the way that lookups are evaluated, but Dr. Z or Sorkin might know better.

In any case, I would recommend that the lookups be combined or that you invoke the second lookup in a search.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...