Splunk Search

Append Columns to Top Output

samhodgson
Path Finder

Hi,

I have the following search and I would like to enumerate a total event count prior to the Top function and then append it to the results:

`nagios_index` `nagios_core_sourcetype` host_name="*" ((eventname="SERVICE ALERT" NOT status_code="OK") OR 
(eventname="HOST ALERT" NOT status_code="UP")) 
| eval name=if(eventname=="HOST ALERT","Host",service) 
| top eventname,host_name,name limit="100"

The macro's at the start just specify the index and sourcetype. From what I can tell there is no way to append columns to Top's output? Any help on the best way to achieve the desired output would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Hey

Can you use eventstats before doing the count?

`nagios_index` `nagios_core_sourcetype` host_name="*" ((eventname="SERVICE ALERT" NOT status_code="OK") OR 
 | eventstats count(whatever_you_want_to_count) as CountField
 | top eventname,host_name,name,CountField limit="100"

View solution in original post

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Hey

Can you use eventstats before doing the count?

| eventstats count(whatever_you_want_to_count) as CountField
 | top eventname,host_name,name,CountField limit="100"
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...