Splunk Search

Align the first column of the table

ashish9433
Communicator

Hi Team,

I have a table in the dashboard, wherein i want first column to be left aligned and rest all the columns to be center aligned as shown in the below image.

I want column Field1 all its data to be left aligned whereas other field(2-6) and its data to be center aligned. I used custom CSS as below.

#table1 .table-chrome.table-striped>tbody>tr.odd>td {
    text-align: center!important;
}

#table1 .table-chrome.table-striped>tbody>tr.even>td {
}

Using the above CSS all the columns are center aligned now and i am unable to find the CSS to just align the first column to left.

alt text

Can any one please guide me how do i left align first column and center align others in the table in a dashboard on Splunk?

0 Karma
1 Solution

ashish9433
Communicator

I am able to solve the issue by my self, adding the answer here so that incase anyone else faces a similar requirement.

I did this by just adding the following custom CSS for the respective table.

#table1 .table th, .table td {
}

#table1 .table td:first-child {
    text-align: left!important;
}

View solution in original post

ashish9433
Communicator

I am able to solve the issue by my self, adding the answer here so that incase anyone else faces a similar requirement.

I did this by just adding the following custom CSS for the respective table.

#table1 .table th, .table td {
}

#table1 .table td:first-child {
    text-align: left!important;
}

surekhasplunk
Communicator

Hi @ashish9433
which is your table name or reference to the table here ?

If i want to do it for all the tables then is there any specific code which i can just put in my .css file.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@surekhasplunk, table1 would be the table id set in Simple XML Dashboard code.

<table id="table1">
</table>

If you want to apply this for all tables you just need to take out #table1 from the CSS style code.

.table th, .table td {
 }

Just FYI, you should also know that whether text is left-aligned or right-aligned depends on whether the data entered is numeric or string i.e. for class="string" default left align and for class="numeric" right align:

td.numeric, th.numeric {
    text-align: right;
}

ashish9433
Communicator

@niketnilay Thanks for answering, you are perfectly correct!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...