Splunk Search

Alert to Report

Susha
Engager

Hi ,

I have some alerts which i want to change as report . the reason is , if there are no events then alert is not sending any data/email where in case of report we can receive atleast one blank csv attacehed report/email  if there is no data .. so as per business requirement we want to change allalert to report .. how can we do that ?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

Susha
Engager

thanks @Joannna  for quick revert ..

please consider condition here as a alert which will trigger the events everyday at 9 and it will send that data in CSV .. here problem is i am getting nothing if no data .. if i will convert this in report then it will sent report/email will blank data no matter if data is there or not..

0 Karma

Joannna
Explorer

can you put the search here? the issue should be there

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Joannna
Explorer

Hello ,

So basically , an alert is based on a scheduled saved search that whenever certain conditions are overcome, generates one or more actions to be executed.

A report is scheduled by you at an specific time, example everyday at 9 am , or 2 times a day one at 7 other at 4. So this would be your first issue changing to a report.

It should be fairy easy just copy the search and put it on a report , or save as report, if you need futher assistance on that you can add the code here.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...