Splunk Search

Alert on sourcetype results

asarolkar
Builder

All,

I have a sourcetype that gives me different account names (eg. boa, ml, goldman etc)

sourcetype="banklogs" | dedup accountName 

I want to create an alert such that if the count of these accountNames is less than 7, it will email me with the accountName that was not reported by the sourcetype in that 24 hour period.

Is there a way to do that ( I can use stats and COUNT them always - send an email when its less than 7 - but all i want to do is to report the missing accountName)

Any ideas on how to go about this ?

0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Something along the lines of this might work:

sourcetype="banklogs" | timechart span=1d limit=0 count by accountName | tail 1 | fields - _time _spandays | transpose | rename "row 1" as count column as accountName | where count = 0 | fields - count

If there is a row it'll contain the accountName that signed one some time during the search interval but didn't in the last day.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Something along the lines of this might work:

sourcetype="banklogs" | timechart span=1d limit=0 count by accountName | tail 1 | fields - _time _spandays | transpose | rename "row 1" as count column as accountName | where count = 0 | fields - count

If there is a row it'll contain the accountName that signed one some time during the search interval but didn't in the last day.

0 Karma

asarolkar
Builder

Simply brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...