Splunk Search

Accelerate transaction searches

horacechan

Hi,

I am fairly new to Splunk. Is there a way to accelerate searches that use the 'transaction' command? Whenever I try to save this as accelerated search, it fails to save.

index=myidx sourcetype="my-logs" (jobtype OR appid) | transaction tid keepevicted=true maxspan=180 | fillnull value=null appid | stats count by jobtype, appid

Thanks!

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That search does not qualify for Report Acceleration due to the non-streaming transaction command being used before the first transforming command (stats😞 http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.0.2/Knowledge/Manageacceleratedsearchsummaries#Example...

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Without knowing the data or your requirements for the result, same way as speeding up any other search. Filter as much as possible as early as possible, restrict timeranges, consider summarizing searches, etc.

0 Karma

horacechan

Thanks for you quick response.

Do you know of a good way to speed up the "transaction" command?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...