Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Sequential execution of playbooks in splunk soar

Erick995
Engager

Good afternoon, I am receiving a number of events in splunk soar from splunk, I have a playbook that is executed for each event, however I am wondering if the execution of the playbook in each event is in sequence or if it executes simultaneously in each event.

I need that when receiving 3 events, the playbook is executed first in 1, then in 2 and finally in three, and from what I've seen soar executes the playbook in disorder for example 3, 1, 2.

I would appreciate if anyone has any information on this.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Erick995 SOAR will initiate the playbook automation in the order the event is received in the platform. The only thing that may affect this is severity-based prioritisation. E.G. If event 2 has a higher severity than the event 1, event 2 would be processed first. 

I am confused why you would need it to work this way as I would expect all event information for a use case to be in 1 container and not spread across more than 1. Maybe you could get Splunk to aggregate and fire 1 event through?

0 Karma

Erick995
Engager

@phanTom Thank you for your answer, it will be very useful. I was just asking why from the events that come to me it seems as if my playbook were running in more than one event at the same time, if it were running in 2 events or more at the same time it wouldn't work for me.I need it to execute one event at a time.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...