Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Run playbook on specific tag events

meshorer
Path Finder

Hello all,

is there a way to automate playbook to work only on events with specific tag?

I saw in playbook settings an option to choose tag but it stills run on every event

thank you in advance 

@phanTom 

@SOARt_of_Lost 

Labels (1)

jenniandthebets
Explorer

So there's a couple ways you could approach this:

1. Less elegant solution - you can add in a decision/filter block to the existing playbook that runs every time to check for the tag. If the tag matches continue, otherwise, end the playbook.

2. If you truly don't want the playbook to run at all, I think you'll need to make a parent playbook with a decision or filter, and call the subplaybook from there. The parent playbook will still run on all events with the label, but the playbook you want to run wouldn't run at all.

I added on the screenshot for the datapath you'd need to match the container tags.

meshorer
Path Finder

thank you for your answer, @jenniandthebets 

I did not want the playbook to run at at all but I see that there is no way out of it.

if that is the case, why is there an option to choose tags when creating a playbook?

2. as for the datapath, I believe the filter should be [in] and not "==".

anyway it did not work well for me all the time, I found that if I first create a simple code block that only gets the "container:tags" as input at outputs it as a variable, only then the filter works well.

am I the only one it happens to?

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@meshorer <tag name> is in container:tags should work. The tag name is case sensitive and has to be exact match. 

0 Karma

Carloszavala121
Explorer

Carloszavala121_0-1705620893903.png

Here I show you the example of where to put the name of your label

Carloszavala121
Explorer

Hello, to be able to use a specific label, when creating your flow you have to click on the automation option, within the environment to create the flow you have to click on settings and in the operates on section enter the label name, like this flow when active will only be executed with alerts that have this label

0 Karma

meshorer
Path Finder

thank you @Carloszavala121   but I am not talking about labels, I am talking about tags. 
for me the labels with the “operate on” is great as I use a label called offense.

but within the offense label, I categorize my offenses to tags. And there is an playbook that I want to automate to specific offenses with that tag

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...