Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Query to find out the searches in Soar Automation ?

AL3Z
Builder

Hi all,

I need to clarify the correlation searches within SOAR. Is there any way to identify them?

Labels (2)
0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@AL3Z Correlation Searches reside in Enterprise Security. To get them into SOAR you need to use the SOAR Adaptive responses (send_to_phantom/run_playbook) on the Notable Event which will create a container/event in SOAR for you to run automation against. 

If I misunderstood the ask please expand and I will try to help. 

0 Karma

AL3Z
Builder

@phanTom ,

Hi 

Typically, we address security incidents using SOAR directly. My inquiry pertains to identifying searches within SOAR through Splunk ES. Is there a specific REST call command for this purpose?

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Again I am sorry but that is not clear. 

You can use Splunk SOAR to run SPL in Splunk/ES using the Splunk App's run_query action. You will have to either know the full SPL and run manually, or if they are standard, regularly used searches you can build playbooks to dynamically populate the SPL before running it in Splunk. 

If you want to find all the events that came from ES then that would usually be to check how many containers/events have that specific label which can be done via REST:

https://<soar_url>/rest/container?_filter_label=<your_label>

This should return a count of all containers/events with that label.

0 Karma

AL3Z
Builder

@phanTom 

I dnt see any notables set to soar in the adaptive response action,

But we dnt relay on incident review dashboard in our environment,

All incidents are automated through the soar it self.

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@AL3Z 

To get Notable events from ES into SOAR you need the Splunk App for SOAR Export  setup on your Search Head then you will need to add the Adaptive Response to send to SOAR when the detection triggers an event in Splunk. 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...