Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Phantom health alert notification

harishlnu
Engager

Hi team,

Could you please help me on how to get health alert notification in phantom.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Harisha

Labels (1)
0 Karma

venkatasri
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @harishlnu 

One of the ways is using Rest API - /rest/health of SOAR - status field contains all the daemons health information and additional info on resource utilization.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SOAR/current/PlatformAPI/RESTInfo#.2Frest.2Fhealth

To monitor I would run an external script or if you are using Splunk Enterprise - by using | restsoar command you can call the above Rest API and create an alert.  You should install official  https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/6361 Splunk App for SOAR to use  | restsoar command.

--------

Srikanth Yarlagadda

Tags (2)
0 Karma

harishlnu
Engager

Hi @venkatasri 

Do you have query for to check health alerts using Splunk App for SOAR.
Kindly help me on this

Regards,

Harisha

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@harishlnu if you have one of the more recent versions of SOAR then it now has a forwarder on it with the ability to send a lot of different logs to Splunk via the UF embedded in the platform. There is a huge amount of data in these logs that could be teased out into SPL Alerts. 

Are you able to advise what kind of things you are looking to monitor?

OS Health can be done using the *nix Splunk Add-on, playbook/action failure is in the logs as well as access data via the wsgi.log file. Daemon logs, such as decided/ingestd/etc can also provide data about functionality and these are also able to be sent to Splunk via the Forwarder Settings in Administration in SOAR. 

-- Hope this helps! Happy SOARing --

0 Karma

harishlnu
Engager

@phanTom 

My requirement is to get notification of ingestion.
Example: If one notable is created in Splunk ES , but if that notable is not created in splunk phantom.
Then it should notify us

Please help me with your suggestion on this

Regards
Harisha

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@harishlnu 

If a Correlation Search is configured to send to SOAR then you just need the _internal logs for the modaction send_to_phantom to be checked for failures in sending then also use the ingestd.log to look for failures to ingest on the SOAR side. The ingestd.log should be one of the DAEMON logs you can forward from SOAR to Splunk. 

0 Karma

harishlnu
Engager

@phanTom 

could you please help me with documentation for reference

0 Karma

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@harishlnu 

For the forwarding part: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SOARonprem/6.2.1/Admin/Forwarders 

The other element is just using SPL to look for things in the logs sent from SOAR to Splunk. The Splunk app for SOAR will have docs on what sourcetypes it sends through that would include ingestd.log. 

You should have enough information now to do some research and start to develop what you need. 

-- Happy SOARing --

Tags (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge for Your Chance to Win!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is underway! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

.conf24 | Session Scheduler is Live!!

.conf24 is happening June 11 - 14 in Las Vegas, and we are thrilled to announce that the conference catalog ...

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...