Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom)

Configure the base_url of an asset (http) dynamically

Carloszavala121
Explorer

Hello, good day community, I have a problem and I hope you can help me, I need to configure an asset of the http app to make a get request, when configuring it in the asset settings tab there is a field called base_url, this is mandatory to fill out , the detail is that I need that base url dynamic, since I am going to take it from the artifacts through a flow, each url is different, until now I have not been able to solve it, I hope for your help, thank you

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jenniandthebets
Explorer

I haven't had much success with dynamically setting individual fields within an asset config. That being said, if you have a set list of URLs for that field, you can configure an asset per base_url you need, and then pass in the asset name as a parameter. 

You may also have some success if you edit the HTTP app itself and modify this functionality for your own use cases, but that's a bit more complicated.

View solution in original post

phanTom
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@Carloszavala121 as @jenniandthebets said, the best way is to create your own app for this or modify the existing one to remove the need for base_url at the asset level and have it as a parameter for the GET action instead maybe.

jenniandthebets
Explorer

I haven't had much success with dynamically setting individual fields within an asset config. That being said, if you have a set list of URLs for that field, you can configure an asset per base_url you need, and then pass in the asset name as a parameter. 

You may also have some success if you edit the HTTP app itself and modify this functionality for your own use cases, but that's a bit more complicated.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...

Adoption of Infrastructure Monitoring at Splunk

Splunk's Growth Engineering team showcases one of their first Splunk product adoption-Splunk Infrastructure ...

Modern way of developing distributed application using OTel

Recently, I had the opportunity to work on a complex microservice using Spring boot and Quarkus to develop a ...