Splunk Observability Cloud

Configure Splunk Add-On for OpenTelemetry Collector to use HTTP_PROXY, without affecting other traffick

las
Contributor

Hi.

We are starting to use Splunk Infrastructure monitoring, and want to deploy the Otel-Collector using our existing Splunk infrastructure (Deployment Server).
We would really like to send the Otel data to IM using a HTTP_PROXY, but do not want to change the dataflow for the entire server, so only a local HTTP_PROXY for the otel-collector.

As I read the documentation you need to set environment variables for the entire server and not just the otel-collector process.

Has anyone any experience using HTTP_PROXY and Otel-Collector?

Kind regards

las

0 Karma

bishida
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

I think you can set variables like HTTP_PROXY, HTTPS_PROXY, and NO_PROXY in your splunk-otel-collector.conf file so they only apply to the collector and not the entire server.

0 Karma

bishida
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Oh, wait--I see, you are using the TA. splunk-otel-collector.conf is probably not the place for this scenario. I'll have to look in to this more.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New in Observability - Improvements to Custom Metrics SLOs, Log Observer Connect & ...

The latest enhancements to the Splunk observability portfolio deliver improved SLO management accuracy, better ...

Improve Data Pipelines Using Splunk Data Management

Register Now   This Tech Talk will explore the pipeline management offerings Edge Processor and Ingest ...

3-2-1 Go! How Fast Can You Debug Microservices with Observability Cloud?

Register Join this Tech Talk to learn how unique features like Service Centric Views, Tag Spotlight, and ...