Splunk IT Service Intelligence

"Unable to retrieve Java version on this machine, make sure Java is properly installed"

Jarohnimo
Builder

Java JDK 8 installed on the machine (Windows Server 2012 R2) yet i get this message.

I'm running ITSI ontop of the latest version of Splunk
he functionality that requires ITSI is anomaly detection but isn't working for whatever reason and I get this message.

0 Karma

michael_mcgrail
Engager

I know this question is fairly old, but in case anyone else comes across this:
We had this same issue with ITSI on RedHat. Even with JRE installed and working, we found to issues:
1. Splunk /etc/splunk-launch.conf was owned by root for some reason so we chown splunk:splunk the entire directory again
2. We still had to update /etc/splunk-launch.conf to include JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.8.0_211/ The documentation says this is not required if PATH or JAVA_HOME are set, but we found we had to set all 3 (JAVA_HOME, PATH and also specify in splunk-launch.conf).

0 Karma

mwdbhyat
Builder

Does the user have permission to run/access this? Has the Java service started correctly?

0 Karma

sylbaea
Communicator

@mwdbhyat I have same problem... In my case, no permission issue but what do you mean by "Java service started"

0 Karma

Super Champion

@Jarohnimo , are you able to resolve your issue?

0 Karma

Jarohnimo
Builder

No, I just gave up on that functionality. I consider it a bug as from all my searches there's no clear answer

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...